常用自述英语等3则 |
作者:吴相松等 文章来源:网络 点击数: 更新时间:2009/5/14 |
|
上一篇 【目 录】 下一篇 |
常用自述英语
文/吴相松
个人工作
1.I am working for a tourist agency.我在一家旅行社工作。
2.My present job is to inspect the quality of products.我目前的工作是产品质量检查。
3.Although I do myjobwell,I am looking for a new job which is more challeng-ing.尽管工作干得不错,我还是在寻找一份更有挑战性的工作。
4.I would like to take a job with which I can develop my full potential.我喜欢从事可以充分发挥我潜能的工作。
5.Though Ijustleftschool,Ihavehadalot of working experiences from my part-time jobs during my vacations.
虽然我刚从学校毕业,然而我从假期的兼职工作中积累了许多工作经验。
个人教育经历
1.I graduated from a rather famous university in East China.我毕业于华东一所很有名的大学。
2.My major is Economics./I major in Economics.我的专业是经济学。
3.I attend (am attending/attended) a computer course in an evening school.我在一所夜校学习计算机课程。
4.My minor is French.我的辅修科目是法语。
5.After four years of hard working,I have had a good command of listening,speaking,reading and writing with English.经过4年的刻苦学习,我已良好地掌握了英语的听、说、读、写技能。
个人家庭住址
1.I am from Dalian,a port city in the North east of China.我来自中国东北的海港城市——大连。
2.I am a native of Beijing.我是北京本地人。
3.Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region is my hometown.我的家乡在内蒙古自治区。
4.My family moved to Hongkong SAR three years ago.我们家3年前搬到了香港特别行政区。
5.We live on 19 North Xisanhuan Road.我们住在西三环北路19号。
个人个性
1.I am a man of my word.我是一个说话算数的人。
2.As an easy-going person,I have a lot of friends.我是个随和的人,有很多朋友。
3.Many people believe I am a diffident person,but as a matter of fact I’d like to have long talks with close friends.许多人认为我很内向,实际上我很愿意与好朋友长谈。
4.I am not a man of hidden talents,but I may be considered as a Jack of al1 trades.我虽说不上是一个身怀绝技的人,但也算得上是个万事通。
情感类
1.I always know it was love at first sight.我一直相信,这就是一见钟情。
2.I feel so lucky that,out of all the men that I could have met,I found you.我觉得很幸运,能在茫茫人海中发现了你。
3.I just wanted to say those three little words to you in this sweet season:I love you.在这个甜蜜的日子里,我只想对你说短短的三个字:我爱你。
4.I like you,and I think you are pretty special.我喜欢你,我觉得你很特别。
5.I love you.You’re the nicest blessing I’ve got.我爱你。拥有你是我一生中最大的福气。
6.I never knew I could be in love so deeply.我从来不知道我会爱得如此深情。
7.If love is a flower,you would be a perfect rose.假若爱情是花朵,那么你就是一朵完美的玫瑰。
(龙峰远摘自《英语沙龙》2008年第4期)
各类学历的标准英文翻译
留学、移民申请人在撰写各类个人材料时,经常受到各类学历如何标准地翻译的难题困扰。其实,中国各类学历都有标准的翻译:
结业证书Certificate of Completion
毕业证书Certificate of Graduation
肄业证书Certificate of Incompletion/Attendance/Study
教育学院College/Institute of Education
中学Middle[Secondary]School
师范学校Normal School[upper secondary level]
师范专科学校Normal Specialised PostsecondaryCollege
师范大学Normal[Teachers]University
专科学校Postsecondary Specialised College
广播电视大学Radio and Television University
中等专科学校Secondary Specialised School
自学考试Self-Study Examination
技工学校Skilled Workers[Training] School
业余大学Spare-Time University
职工大学Staff and Workers University
大学University[regular,degree-granting]
职业大学Vocational University
(晴雨娃娃摘自南方网)
“机”不可失
编译/云彬
下面是几个有“机会”含义的成语和惯用语。
1.Now or never勿失良机
A:It’s now or never.Take the perfect chance!
机不可失,不要错失良机!
B:But I really don’t know what to do.
可我真的不知道该怎么办。
2.Be in line for有得到……的机会
A:She is in line for promotion.
她可能会得到晋升。
B:She deserves it.She works so hard.
那是她应得的,她工作很努力。
3.Strike while the iron is hot趁热打铁
A:What do you suggest?
你是什么意见?
B:I suggest that you strike while the iron is hot.Time waits for nobody.
我建议你还是趁热打铁吧。时间不等人呀。
4.Make hay while the sun shines抓紧时机;勿失良机
A:You’ve got only a week, Soyou have to make hay while the sun shines.
你只有一个星期时间,所以要抓住机会。
B:Sure.I won’t let you down.
好的,我不会让你失望的。
5.While the going is good及时行动
A:I can’t decide whether I should tell her the truth.
我决定不了要不要告诉她真相。
B:Take action while the going is good,or you’ll miss the chance.
及时行动吧,不然你就错过机会了。
(郑好摘自《课堂内外》2008年第7期)
|
上一篇 【目 录】 下一篇 |
|
|
|